Expression of Interest (EoI) to identify beneficiaries to participate in the Marine Manufacturing, Maintenance & Repairs, and Associated Services Development Programme – Standards and Accreditations intervention
The Aerospace Industry Support Initiative (AISI) hereby invites interested companies to submit Expressions of Interest for the Marine Manufacturing, Maintenance & Repairs, and Associated Services Development Programme.
STANDARDS AND ACCREDITATIONS INTERVENTION:
Assistance will be provided to manufacturers and service providers requiring support towards obtaining marine standards and accreditations. The aim is to assist beneficiaries to address certification and compliance issues which may be limiting their ability to participate in the supply chains of procuring organisations and thus serve marine industry requirements. More specifically, assistance may be provided to beneficiaries to obtain marine certifications (including but not limited to classification society certifications with one or more of the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) affiliate bodies; other marine certifications such as Type Approval, Compliance to IMO, SAMSA, SABS, CE, IECEx, ABYC; or other marine related certifications). It should be noted that all standards and accreditations must be marine specific.
The AISI would like to identify manufacturers and services industries that require assistance to comply with marine industry specific standards and accreditations (including but not limited to implementation, surveillance or inspection or auditing of systems and processes related to marine certifications; or engineering support in the form or design evaluation or component testing which might be required for marine certification). Programme beneficiaries may also request assistance with other support relating to the certification process (e.g. engineering support).
COMPONENTS FROM THE MARINE DESIGNATED LIST:
The Programme supports the accreditation and certification required for the 1) manufacturing of components and 2) marine related services, however, preference will be given to applications supporting manufacturing of marine related components or products. The Programme is not prescriptive of the types of components or services to be supported. Preference will, however, be given to interventions involving the following products:
- Search and Rescue lights
- Communication Transceivers
- Dredging Equipment
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Manoeuvring Systems:
- Ventilation Equipment
- Air Conditioning Equipment
- Environmental Protection
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Preservation and Coverings (Corrosion protection paints)
- Cabin Outfitting
- Gally Equipment
- Mooring Systems
- Air Whistle CIF
- Bathroom Units
- Specialised pumps
PROGRAMME BENEFICIARIES MAY REQUEST ASSISTANCE IN FUNDING ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Implementation, surveillance or inspection/auditing of components, systems, processes or documentation to assist beneficiaries of the Programme to obtain certification from one or more of the IACS affiliate bodies.
- Implementation, surveillance or inspection/auditing of components, systems, processes or documentation to assist beneficiaries of the Programme to obtain relevant marine-related certifications, (including but not limited to SAMSA, CE, or similar) which could assist Programme beneficiaries to partake in the supply chains of procuring organisations and thus serve marine industry requirements.
- Implementation, surveillance or inspection/auditing of components, systems, processes or documentation to assist beneficiaries of the Programme to comply with marine specific International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
- Engineering support (including design assessment, analysis, or other engineering support functions) to assist beneficiaries of the Programme comply with required marine certification.
- Accredited component testing or related services to assist beneficiaries of the Programme to comply with required marine certification.
The programme does not allow for membership fees, recertification or maintenance of accreditations.
Please download the application documents as follows:
- EoI Terms of Reference (TORs)
- ANNEXURE A: RESPONSE TEMPLATE can be downloaded from the EoI TORs, Page 21
- NB: The TORs must be downloaded and opened from your desktop for the Response Template link to work
Only applications with both completed documents (EoI TORs and Annexure A: Response Template) will be evaluated.
Closing Date and Time: 02 June 2023 at 16:30
Please direct all queries to: