Industry Development and Technology Support focuses on advancing the involvement of industry in sectors reliant on advanced manufacturing for aerospace and defence.
South African industry is encouraged to advance niche capabilities and technologies with good value proposition through industrialisation.
- Partnerships are established between organisations to achieve this goal
- Access to national infrastructure and expertise is facilitated
- Specific emphasis is placed on drawing innovative processes, products and methods into industry.
- Industrialising technology from universities and institutions, and building on historical investments in research and development from other sources such as the Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Enhancing industry competitiveness by ensuring appropriate technology transfer interventions
- Utilisation of the AISI Thematic networks to support this technology development and transfer
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are encouraged to include Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises (SMME) as well as lower-tier suppliers, to ensure the continuous transfer of knowledge, expertise, capability and technology, and in doing so, broaden the industrialisation base.