Expression of Interest (EoI)
Identifying Advanced Manufacturing Aerospace OEMs and SMMEs to participate in the AISI Technology Based Supplier Development Programme
EoI No: 001/05/03/2018
The purpose of the expression of interest (EoI) is to identify applicants who are involved in aerospace manufacturing and who qualify as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) or Small Medium Micro Enterprises (SMMEs) to participate in the AISI’s Technology Based Supplier Development Programme. The AISI is issuing the EoI for proposals aligned to its goals and those of the South African Aerospace Industry.
The role of the AISI as an industry support mechanism is to:
- Increase the contribution of small enterprises in the economy;
- Significantly enhance Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE);
- Raise the levels of direct investment overall, as well as in defined priority sectors;
- Increase market access opportunities for and export of South African goods and services;
- Contribute towards building skills and technology platforms;
- Improvement of the local industry competitiveness;
- Ensuring that new technologies are taken up by industry through an active process of industrialisation; and
- Enable new suppliers to enter the supply chain and develop new technologies, industries and SMMEs to enable market entry and global competitiveness through access to technology.
The AISI’s supplier development interventions provide enabling mechanisms to assist industry to improve its competitiveness, productivity and quality management systems. This will assist the industry to optimise its operations and procedures in order to ensure South African industry integration into global supply chains. The strategic focus remains on SMMEs with the objective of ensuring industry transformation, and the broadening of the economic base participating in the industry.
Economic benefits derived through supplier development projects include competitiveness improvement, productivity improvement, improved lead times, improved quality, cost savings, compliance to environmental standards, improved delivery performance, increased customer satisfaction and job creation and retention. The AISI’s Supplier Development Programme has three distinct interventions for support. These interventions were identified as priority to assist and enable the South African aerospace industry to grow and compete globally. These interventions are:
- Technology Enhancement;
- Standards and
- Supply Chain Optimisation.
This EoI focuses on identifying aerospace OEMs and SMMEs who will benefit from the aforementioned interventions.
Submission: Hard Copies only
Closing Date: 20 March 2018 at 12:00 (noon)
Enquiries: Livison Mashoko – firstname.lastname@example.org