To enhance the global competitiveness of the South African aerospace and defence industry by:
- Developing relevant industry focused capabilities and facilitate associated transfer of technology to industry
- Providing a platform for facilitating partnerships and collaboration amongst government, industry and academia, locally and internationally
- Identifying, developing, supporting and promoting the interests and capabilities of the South African aerospace and defence industry
- Accelerating the achievement of government strategic objectives including growth, employment and equity.
Reporting by the contracted service providers should reflect the KPIs of the AISI and the achievement of government objectives. Service providers will be contracted to report on specific performance indicators with specific emphasis on achieving the AISI’s strategic objectives of:
- Industry Transformation
- Job Creation
- Industrialisation of technologies
The AISI is guided by a Management Committee (Manco) and an Operations Committee (Opco). Projects are managed by the CSIR and strictly adhere to all Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) principles within the CSIR’s policy and procedural framework.